InfoSecSherpa’s News Roundup for Friday, July 8, 2022
InfoSecSherpa: Your Guide Up a Mountain of Information!
- Canadian Privacy Regulators Clarify Requirements For Mobile Apps
(Mondaq/McMillan, July 7th)
- North Carolina is rich in targets for cyber attack. Avoid being the next victim.
(WRAL, July 8th)
- Cyber crime targeting children increased during pandemic
(The Laconia Daily Sun, July 8th)
- Chinese Cyber Espionage Groups Increasingly Targeting Russia
(InfoSecurity, July 8th)
- Thread hijacking operation linked to TA578. Gun owner data leaked by California Justice Department.
(The CyberWire Pro, July 8th)
- Rogers outage affects 911 calls, debit transactions and sends droves to coffee shops
(CityNews Everywhere Ottawa, July 8th)
- Cyber insurance startup Coalition plots global expansion as valuation hits $5B
(Tech Crunch, July 8th)
- Improving cyber resiliency in manufacturing
(The Manufacturer, July 8th)
- Cyber Security Today, July 8, 2022 — IT provider recovering from a cyber attack, more action from Karakurt and Chinese attackers and new Linux malware
(IT World Canada, July 8th)
- Napa Valley College Suffers Ransomware Attack
(Legal Scoops, July 8th)