InfoSecSherpa’s News Roundup for Monday, August 23, 2021
InfoSecSherpa: Your Guide Up a Mountain of Information!
- Nasty new malware targets Microsoft Exchange servers
(Tech Radar Pro, August 23rd)
- Ransomware group solicits employees to target businesses
(Insurance Business Magazine, August 23rd)
- Did hackers pull off a maritime ‘Colonial Pipeline 2.0’?
(Freight Waves, August 23rd)
- Why automation is key to education’s cybersecurity problem
(eSchool News, August 23rd)
- Singapore, US pledge deeper collaboration in cybersecurity
(ZDNet, August 23rd)
- Hacker behind $600 million crypto heist returns final slice of stolen funds
(CNBC, August 23rd)
- Researcher’s First Hack Was to Make Minesweeper Incredibly Easy to Beat
(Vice, August 23rd)
- Hacking the computer with wirewraps and soldering irons: Just fix the issues as they come up, right?
(The Register, August 23rd)
- Why phone scams are so difficult to tackle
(BBC News, August 22nd)
- North Carolina state employee information mistakenly uploaded to internal website
(The Coastland Times, August 22nd)